I’m still here!!! It’s far far too late to say happy new year, but happy first post of 2014 everyone!
I have been keeping myself busy with: A trip to Japan! Rafting down the Grand Canyon! Sunning and clubbing in Miami! Weekend trips to Santa Barbara, Napa, Sonoma and Half Moon Bay! And finally, a whole month of new things in June!
2014 has been a whirlwind so far (I can hardly believe that it is already July – a similar sentiment I’m sure most of you share) and sprinkled in between the trips mentioned above, there have been many new recipes tried, a relationship started and ended, a promotion gained (finally!) so as you can see it’s been busy busy. Despite all the new things I’ve done with the year, I still wanted to make sure to dedicate June to San Francisco (mostly) and do ‘New in June’ for the 3rd year in a row.
For those of you who don’t know, I started this tradition back in 2012 where after a slew of weekend trips in May I realized that there is still so much left of my own city to discover. Last year I was a little less diligent about the EVERY day idea, and just completed 30 new things, which was still a great accomplishment. And this year I have to admit that it was definitely a challenge, and I ended up missing several days, but making up for them later. All said and done though, I did do 30 new things and still appreciated the spirit of going outside my daily routine to get them done!
I was in the Grand Canyon for the first part of the month, which I counted every day as being new. And I was in Sonoma for a bachlorette party one weekend, but again trying lots of new things. So the days available to SF were smaller than the rest, but I did manage to accomplish 40% of the things on the list I created at the beginning of the month (same amount as the first two years!).
I’m so happy to live in such a great place and to have inspired some friends to do their own new things. It’s such a great way to shake things up, I hope you’ll find inspiration to try your own new things.
- Tongue & Cheek, Miami, FL
- Hoover Dam
- Hiking down the Grand Canyon
- Rafting down the Grand Canyon
- Camping in the Grand Canyon
- Pretty much everything in the Grand Canyon
- Prickly Pear Margaritas and a Teva tan
- The Taco Shop @ Underdogs
- Delivering Meals on Wheels disaster kits to SF seniors
- Roller Disco
- SF Botanical Garden*
- Thor’s Ricotta-Orange Pound Cake
- Wiener Races at Golden Gate Fields
- St. Francis Fountain – one of the oldest soda fountains in SF
- Chinatown Library Branch
- Getting promoted into my first managerial role*
- Firemen breaking into my car after I locked my keys in it*
- El Dorado Kitchen, Sonoma
- Kellys Bachlorette & all new wineries: Laurel Glen, Kunde, Korbin Kameron
- Fig & Thistle*
- Civic Center Farmers Market
- Asian Art Museum
- Limon Rotisserie
- Urban Putt
- Palm House
- Harry Denton’s Starlight Lounge (for a Colombian dancing night!)
- Presidio Social Club
- 3 Fish Studios (I picked up some monster art and am taking a class here later this month)
- Etcetera Wine Bar
- Amnesia for Bluegrass Mondays*
* my favorites of the month!