It’s always hard to believe that a year can pass in a blink of an eye. After 2015 ended, I felt like I had passed the time in a not really ‘me’ way – minimal travels, feeling like I didn’t do a ton in general… I was new to Denver and transition years are always tough. This past year; however, was much more on the mark, filled with many travels, fun house projects, growing friendships and so much more.
I also managed to do New in June for the 5th year in a row! It was my second year trying out new things in Denver and getting to know the city a little better. I still so enjoy this annual project – it’s a great motivator to get out there and reteach myself to not be complacent.
Especially in Denver, with my own home that I love spending time in, it’s become easy to accept a slower pace of life. June continues to be the one month that reignites a passion, which lingers throughout the year. I love my usual haunts, but am continually motivated to try the new dish/bar/walk/park/run/project.
As 2017 is getting started, it feels appropriate to post this, albeit 6 months late. With the new year is going to come a whole set of new adventures and opportunities that I can’t wait to embrace – looking back on all that I did last June brings even more promise for what 2017 can be.
- Reformer pilates at the gym
- Walking the trails in Greenwood Village
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
- Pool time at the gym
- City Park Farmers’ Market
- First summer food truck at work (and very tasty gyros)
- Playing on the work volleyball team
- First time using a SLEDGEHAMMER – part of the backyard remodel
- Ratio Beerworks
- Meeting Anna Schnelle!
- Summer Art Walk
- Mountain Ranch Bar & Grille at Coors Field
- Mell’s Cheese
- Laying sod! Last step in the backyard remodel
- The Way Back
- Bike to work day – 16 miles!
- Rhein Haus
- New breakfast sandwich from Backcountry Deli
- Los Chingones DTC
- Museum Outdoor Arts
- Walking all the way down Shoshone St.
- Union Station Farmers’ Market
- My first back yard party!
- Walking around Rocky Muntain Lake Park
- Driving home in intense hail and rain!
- Live music night at the Marina at Cherry Creek
- Upstairs Circus
- Sculpture exhibit at the Denver Botanic Gardens
- Hillstone Denver